As a business owner sometimes managing the ins and out of your business can be a bit daunting, and helping your business establish a brand identity is no exception.
Brand identity is the management of perception through visual communication.
It’s important because:
- It can help communicate what type of business you are
- Establish a trust in your authenticity
- Help illustrate your values
- Help bring consistency to the way your business communicates
With that in mind, here are six reasons you should hire a brand professional to help strengthen your brand identity.
- New, new, new. You are a new business with no logo, website, business cards, or marketing materials, or are selling a new product that isn’t named branded or marketed. Establishing a brand identity will help strengthen and unify your business communications and product marketing.
- Name change. If your business has recently changed its name it would be good to have a new logo and new branding created to better reflect your new name, and to help reassure your base that you are still reliable and trustworthy.
- Changed direction. If your business has changed markets, products, or values its important that those changes are reflected visually. Keep your audience up to date with who you are and what they do so that they can better support you, and you can better support them.
- Need a fresher face. Perhaps your current branding, or lack thereof is no longer working for you. It may be outdated or no longer in line with your evolving and growing business. Staying up to date on brand identity and visual communication shows your audience that you are current, and helps engage newer and younger audiences.
- Lacking consistency. If your visual communications are all over the place than your audience begins to think that you don’t know who you are, and are an unstable business. Consistency is key in building trust with your audience. The more secure you seem, the more secure they’ll feel.
- Merged companies. If your business has recently merged with another, then establishing a joint brand identity is crucial. It helps your audiences to understand and accept the transition and get a better understanding of the new direction.
If you need help with your business branding, or would like brand consultation feel free to contact us! We would love to hear from you!