Before you design your logo ask yourself these questions:
- Who are we?
- This is the most important question you can ask yourself as a business. It is the theme of everything you do or say about yourself. The keyword here is authenticity. Being self aware of your business’ true and authentic self will insure that every decision you make as a business is consistent and aligned with your core values.
- What are our core messages?
- Your core messages are the ways in which you talk about and represent yourself to the public in relation to your core values. If one of your core values is the celebration of diversity but you don’t display that in any of your messaging or imagery then you are doing a disservice to yourself and to your audience.
- Who are our target audiences?
- Create a detailed description of your ideal audience. This will help you navigate the best ways to market to them.
- What is the look and feel of our brand?
- Think about how you want your brand to look, feel and function when your audience interacts with it. If you own an Italian restaurant and want the look and feel to be aesthetically Italian, research the details you want to include to achieve that.
After you answer these questions you should have a clearer vision of how your logo should look and function. Use this basic information about your business along with your designer to create a visual representation of who your business is.
Connect with us!